Monday, September 15, 2014

I started a blog.

I started a blog. I actually started a blog back in September 2011, just over 3 years ago. It was a genealogy blog which I began at Blogspot. My second post occurred just over 4 months later. I blogged a couple more times in 2012, with another random blog post in September 2013. But that’s it. I have never blogged since, nor have I ever regularly blogged.

I began thinking about writing a blog about a couple of months ago. I even posted on Facebook last month that I was thinking about starting a blog. Of course when the thought of a blog comes to mind, the question is, what do I blog about? That is perhaps one of the most common questions someone may ask if you tell them you have a blog. “What is it about?”

That is the same question I asked myself a couple of months ago when I decided to seriously consider starting a blog. Actually, I have wanted to blog regularly for years now. When it all comes down to it, I don’t want to limit my blog to just one topic or theme. I have interests in more than one thing. So the question is, what will I be blogging about? The answer to that is more clear–“Anything I want.” I don’t have a set theme. I am a writer and there are numerous topics I could blog about, so I will not limit myself to just one theme.

So, I purchased a domain. I installed WordPress. I found a theme, and I wrote this first blog post. There are numerous themes I could have chosen. I just picked one that looked alright, so that I could get my blog started. Although there are many themes I could simply install, I have considered designing my own blog design. I taught myself HTML back in 2003, and so I know coding. However, coding the right theme will take time to explore different options. As time progresses, I will have a design I will truly like.
So there it is. My first blog post without limiting my scope. I talked about how this blog came to be. It’s nearly midnight, and so I am going to end this blog post and explore the administrator panel of WordPress. It will be interesting to see where this blog goes.

Edit: On August 29, 2015, I merged my old blog with my new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment